Welcome to the complete sprained ankle rehab guide! Congratulations on taking the necessary steps to treat and make a full recovery from your current or any previous ankle sprain.
In this guide, you’ll find tons of helpful content. We cover everything from the basics to complex return to sport exercises. With 77 pages of content and 13 chapters, we cover any and all questions you might have regarding a sprained ankle.
The guide starts with a comprehensive education to help you better understand what you’re going through.
Next, the guide goes into when to see a doctor and if it’s necessary.
This leads to what types of treatments work and what don’t typically work. We’ll guide you through how to speed up recovery in the early phases of the injury.
Finally, the part everyone is interested most in; we go over in detail with links to videos about exercises and when to do the exercises.
We have great tips, helpful links, and many other great resources to ensure that you make a full recovery.
Here is the table of contents so you can see all the covered topics
Table of contents
- Introduction to Sprained Ankles
- What is a Sprained Ankle
- Why Is Rehab For a Sprained Ankle Important?
- Are All Ankles Sprains the Same? Understanding the Different Grades
- Prognosis: How Long Does an Ankle Sprain Take to Heel
- When to See a Doctor
- Ankle Brace: Do You Need One?
- Initial Treatment – What to do in the First 72 Hours
- Phase 1 Exercises: Get Moving
- Phase 2 Exercises: Walking Normal
- Phase 3 Exercises: Getting Back to Normal
- Returning to Sports: When is the Right Time
- Frequently Asked Questions
- About the Author
- Helpful Links and Resources
Disclaimer: The information provided in this post is for educational purposes only. This is not a substitute for a medical appointment. Please refer to your physician before starting any exercise program.